Tuesday 7 April 2015

Painted Dress


Solid colour clothing seems to attract stains (and I'm clearly very messy). Rather than throw out yet another thing, I decided to distract from current and future stains with a painted pattern. 

As the dress was already sewn up, printing wasn't really an option for an all-over pattern, but it's a simple enough shape, just a front and a back piece, no zips or sleeves. I laid sheets of newspaper inside it, and stretched it over an ironing board for the fiddly shoulder bits. 

4 comments:

painted fish studio said...

it's fabulous!

Ruby in the Dust said...

Awesome! The stars must be aligned for this sort of thing; I just had this blog post in my feed this morning about embroidering on clothing to cover up future stains: http://blog.karenbarbe.com/2015/04/an-intentioned-embroidery.html

Skinny laMinx said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

It's simplicity made it stand out! I love it, looks so nice to wear with.

Dressmaking Fabrics